Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education & Coaching Minor from UW-Stevens Point
Masters in Instructional Technology from Cardinal Stritch University
Library Media Certification from Cardinal Stritch University
Earned National Board Certification - December of 2011 (Read More)
18 Years in - Lifelong Learner
The easiest way to reach me is via e-mail email@example.com
If you need to reach me by phone, my direct line is 262-255-8470 x 2300.
Wisconsin Educational Media & Technology Association
Golf Coaches Association of Wisconsin - Executive Board
National Board Certified Teachers
School Leaders Advancing Technology in Education
Library Media Center
Our library media center provides the support needed for students and staff to become effective users of resources and information. We offer a variety of online resources along with books for research and recreational reading so students will continue to improve their information and technology literacy skills.
We also encourage independent learning through reading, writing, study and research.
Students K - 5th grade visit the library for one hour each week. Exploring the library collection, sampling many reading choices, and discovering the enjoyment of books and other resources are top priorities. Information and technology literacy learning experiences are continually integrated.
Together we're building 21st century skills, developing habits that allow people to actively participate in society using all forms of media available. We'll teach students how to think and reflect critically on what is happening around them and to develop creative solutions that serve personal and social needs.
No one in the entire school can bring together resources and instruction like the school library media specialist can, at the right time and in the right location. I select the best resources based on my knowledge of the curriculum and I teach students how to use them when they need to use them, either at school or at home. I provide an engaging space where students can learn independently or together, with my guidance and the 21st Century tools they need.
The primary mission of the Library Media Center is to ensure students and staff are effective users of information. To accomplish this mission, the Library Media Center is organized to:
- provide access to materials in a variety of formats
- provide instruction in the effective use of materials and equipment
- design learning strategies that are tailored to meet the needs of individuals
- provide a program creating positive learning experiences and contributing to lifelong literacy skills, habits, and attitudes
- support, complement and extend classroom instruction by integrating library media programs into the curriculum
- commit to becoming a partner with administrators, teachers, parents, and community
- serve as the center of resources and enrichment for our school.